The personal injury law lets an injured individual go to the civil court and receive legal damage or remedy for the losses originating from an incident or accident. The aim of this system is to let the injured individual to be financially compensated or made after they have suffered damage because of carelessness or intentional conduct by someone else.
At times, such injuries may result in the demise of the injured. In such cases, their family members can seek compensation from the party causing the mishap.
In such cases, you should consider seeking professional advice from Pueblo Personal Injury Lawyers, so that you do not get under-compensated. If you are confused and want to know what some categories of personal injury are, the following list might help.
- Premises accident – In this case, the injury is caused by an accident or unfortunate incident that happened on the premises of another person, such as malls, grocery stores, gas stations, retail stores, or any public place.
- Product liability – In such cases, the injury is caused by dangerous and defective products while you are in a public place, at home, or at work. Usually, the reasons for such injuries are incomplete warnings and operation guides. Some instances are toxic chemicals and materials, dangerous food, products, medical equipment, drugs, and defective vehicle parts and children’s products.
- Motor vehicle accident – This is the most common reason leading to personal injuries. Accidents caused by a negligent driver of a car, bus, truck, or any vehicle causing injury to another driver, a pedestrian or passenger fall in this category.
- Medical Malpractice –These include injuries caused by medical negligence of medical professionals, nurses, doctors, and clinics or hospitals. Some common types include birth injury, wrong dosage, surgical errors, pharmacy errors, misdiagnosis, improper treatment, and inability to diagnose serious medical conditions like cancer.
- Other – Sometimes, the injury may be a result of boating and aviation mishaps, neglect or abuse in nursing homes, animal bites like dog bites, defamation, etc.
Personal Injury Case Steps
Since no two accidents or mishaps are the same, no two cases of personal injury follow the exact same path. This is why the need to contact Pueblo Personal Injury Lawyers arises. However, there are a few standard steps involved in a personal injury case, which are listed below.
- Consult the Attorney: The first step is to consult an experienced attorney like Pueblo Personal Injury Lawyers. They will tell you about your legal options, the right compensation, and whether going to the good would be a good idea in your case.
- Investigation of the Case: In the next step, your attorney will be conducting a complete investigation of your case to gather proof and let you receive the right compensation.
- Demand Package: Next, your attorney will send a demand letter to the other party. This letter will outline your case and quote the compensation.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If the other party refuses the demand letter, the next step is to file the lawsuit. Following this, the legal proceeding will occur.