At some point, we all must accept the manifestation of signs of age. This is a natural part of the biological process that occurs in our body. However, there are bad habits that age us ahead of time. And we don’t even guess about some of them!
The skin, like other organs, undergoes a series of changes over time. For this reason, as a rule, the first small wrinkles and other signs characteristic of age begin to appear between the ages of 45 and 50.
The problem is that many have bad habits that age their skin ahead of time. You do not even know about it, but these actions cause damage to the skin long before the time allotted by nature. Agree, early wrinkles greatly impair self-esteem!
Although there are many anti-wrinkle products and products on the market, they will not help unless you change your lifestyle.
Are you wondering what you can do to avoid this? It’s simple. In addition to careful skin care, give up bad habits that age you. In our today’s article, we will tell exactly about them.
Bad habits that age
Skin care should start in youth. Although many of us are beginning to struggle with the signs of age when they have already appeared, the most effective way to combat wrinkles is prevention.
The air contains many toxins and volatile particles that adversely affect the skin. That is why if you want to prevent premature aging, it is important to thoroughly cleanse the skin.
Of course, one cannot deny the importance of the genetic factor. In other words, if your mom has wrinkles early, most likely, the same thing awaits you. However, a healthy lifestyle can slow down this process and, at the same time, improve the quality of life. So let’s take a closer look at the bad habits that are aging to try to avoid them in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Abuse makeup
Make-up – one of the tools that should be in the arsenal of every woman. It helps to look beautiful. However, many ignore the fact that the abuse of cosmetics leads to negative consequences for skin health. Cosmetic products accumulate in the pores and lead to acne and black spots. In addition, too thick a layer of foundation deprives the skin of oxygen.
- Try to avoid using makeup if possible. Your skin should breathe at least from time to time.
- Clean your face thoroughly every day to remove any remnants of skincare products.
Cigarettes contain chemicals that, in addition to affecting the health of the lungs, contribute to premature deterioration of the skin. Toxins affect the process of cell oxygenation and interfere with tissue regeneration.
On the other hand, frequent smoking causes dehydration of the skin, making it more sensitive and fragile. This accelerates the appearance of wrinkles and age spots, even at a young age. Don’t forget to read about apple cider vinegar for face wrinkles try this.
- Try to quit smoking. Although it is not easy, there are many ways to help with this.
- If you do not smoke, try not to expose yourself to cigarette smoke. Passive smoking is no less harmful than active. After all, cigarette smoke also contains particles that damage the skin.
3. Neglect of sunscreen
Apply sunscreen daily. This is one of the necessary measures to prevent premature aging. So you minimize the effects of ultraviolet rays on the skin.
This applies not only to summer vacation and the beach. In the city, protection is also necessary, because ultraviolet radiation passes even through clouds. We recommend that you use a sunscreen every day, without exception.
- Choose a product with protection of at least 30 SPF (sun protection factor).
- To complement its action, wear clothing that will help you further protect your skin: long-sleeved shirts, hats, sunglasses, and so on.
4. You do not get enough sleep
Poor sleep quality primarily affects skin health. During the night rest, tissue repair processes of the body take place. If you sleep less than 7 hours a day, without interruption, it affects the blood circulation and may cause premature wrinkles, circles under the eyes and loss of skin tone.
- Try to go to bed and get up at about the same time so as not to disturb your sleep rhythms.
- If you are having difficulty sleeping, try to find the cause of insomnia to find a timely and effective treatment.
See also: Top 10 Simplest Ways to Reduce Belly Fat
5. Improper nutrition
Undoubtedly, this bad habit is in the first place in the list of those who are you. Nutrients derived from food are necessary in order to have healthy, young skin as long as possible. For this reason, if you eat poorly, you are more prone to problems.
It is known that excessive consumption of fats and sugars, as well as convenience foods and fast food, slows down the production of collagen and elastin. In turn, it accelerates aging. In addition, unfortunately, many foods contain harmful toxins and chemicals. Their use affects the blood circulation and, therefore, interferes with the oxygenation of skin cells.
- Eat more organic foods: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats.
- Completely refuse from semi-finished products, sausages, and industrial baking.
- Replace carbonated drinks with plain water.